Friday, January 23, 2009

Salem - Yes I Smoke Crack EP

This one is for tricky Nick Dixon (if you don't already have it). For some reason we are usually listening to the same music at the same time. This EP was only pressed for 500 copies and is extremely hard to find... unless of course you have a computer. Take THAT exclusivity! It sounds like if My Bloody Valentine, Cocteau Twins and The Knife, all had a three way and the end result was a Goth, crack addicted baby. I know "haunting" is an overused term to describe music.. but I feel justified using it here... trust me. Even more haunting are Salem's mysterious beginnings, with two separate myspaces, three different places of origin, and apparently no bio or record label. Who the hell knows what this band is up to? (Probably trying to build intrigue as to attract attention to themselves in some J.J. Abrams style marketing ploy). Well... it's working Salem... it's working.




Yes I Smoke Crack EP

4 comments:

plausibly plausible said...

Water EP
hxxp://www [dot] mediafire [dot] com/download.php?mmdwjj4dwki

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
730 said...

uuuggghhhh i tried to dl the water ep that nick posted but when i unzip it, it says the file is corrupted! if you could fix it i'd be real happy! thanks!

blindmanonacid said...

great! kind of reminds me of "meanwhile back in communist russia",