Monday, July 26, 2010

Take a Leak!

On this edition of "take a leak (with me)", we have possibly the most anticipated album of 2010: Arcade Fire's, The Suburbs. I'm sure this won't last long, so get it while it's hot. I have only listened to it a few times, but I have to say that I'm a little bit disappointed. It almost sounds too clean for arcade fire. The drums are boring and so is the production. They don't seem to be pushing their creative limits, more so they are just writing standard pop songs. It's also a bit LONG of an album for them. They could have easily trimmed the fat a little bit and cut out some of the lesser songs, especially towards the 2nd half which is where I think the album starts to falter. You get the feeling there is an amazing album in here somewhere. But like I said, I've only listened to it a few times, and who knows how much it could grow on me. Also, a mediocre Arcade Fire album will still probably end up as one of the best albums of the year. Maybe I just had the bar set too high. Either way... I was super excited to get this shit as early as I did... so don't let me ruin the excitement for you. You could very well love it. So check it quickly before the post gets pulled.

Plus... check out the 8 different covers of the album. Think they were making a statement about the general similarities of the omnipresent suburbs? Naw.



The Suburbs

No comments: