Monday, September 8, 2008

Why?

With all the band names like YES and the WHO, it surprises me that it took so long for someone to come up with WHY? Well, finally these guys did. Congratu-fucking-lations. 30 years too late and not even cool anymore. Reenactment of talk to come up with band name: 
Dude 1: Man, we need to come up with a band name. 
Dude 2: Why?
Dude 1: ...... "Why?" indeed. 
Dude 2: Fuck, i wish i said "Radiohead". 
Honestly though, band names don't matter. Look at "The Beetles". Do you think of how lame the name is when someone says "The Beetles created modern music" (right before you punch them in the face). NO you don't. You think: "Wow, Paul McCartney used to play in THE BEETLES? WTF happened?!" Notice how you didn't care about the name. Well WHY? are one of those bands. They are so good, you keep asking yourself WHY? didn't i find out about these guys sooner? (I think I'm running out of WHY? jokes) Anyways. Here is another band that is capable of having a new album/old album post (see post below). Unfortunately their old album is the one RIGHT before the new one because it's my favorite. Hey... it still counts. These guys blend pretty much every musical genre. Rap? Yep. Folk? You bet! Electronic? Why not!? All that's left is Christian Rock and Screamo. Okay, so maybe not EVERY musical genre, but enough to make it very very interesting and even more unique. In a day in age where EVERYTHING sounds pretty much the same, WHY? are a breath of fresh air. I'm not a huge fan of his "rapping" tracks but luckily he doesn't do it too often. The rest is pretty much genius though, especially these two albums. I don't know which one I like better, although i tend to lean towards "Elephant Eyelash". Both are awesome. We'll see how the download numbers go and if you like it, I can post everything else they've done (EP's and ALL). Be good little sheep and follow your shepherd. NOT Jesus. Well... follow him too if you want... But his musical taste sucks. Have you heard "Here I am to Worship"? Yeah, that's what I thought. 











2 comments:

bodo said...

Cute rant but unfortunately I have to burst your bubble for great justice.
It's actually THE BEATLES, my friend.
See? A pun. Feel better now?
ps thx 4 lnx

Pidgey said...

awww.
I came to comment about the Beatles thing, but someone beat me to it.
See, that's what you need to do to get people to comment: go on rants while spelling a bands name wrong.
The internet is full of pedants, and they're all surfing your blog.
Thank you for the links.
And the blog post that made my left eye twitch.