Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sunset Rubdown x 2

For those of you locked in a closet, Spencer Krug, the frontman of Sunset Rubdown, is also one of the singers for Wolf Parade. Personally, I like Wolf Parade better when Krug is singing. I guess that's why I like this band so much.... it's all Krug ALL the time. Now there is some debate over which of Sunset Rubdowns albums is the best. Some like only one, others favor one over the other... I like them both so whatever to you. Krug is definitely bringing back the case for music as an album. (which is usually how I listen to music, unless I'm putting together sad playlists *emo tear*) With Sunset Rubdown you really don't get the full effect of the music if you skip around. Each song bleeds into the next and is sonically and conceptually important to the song before it and after it. In an age where the album is becoming obsolete... being replaced by single song Itunes downloads, sound bytes from soundtracks of tv dramas and playlists of only our favorite tracks... it is reassuring to see someone interesting in the puzzle as a whole instead of just a piece.

No comments: