Sunday, November 8, 2009

Best Coast

Okay.. so I listen to Pocahaunted a decent amount last year. After releasing something almost every month without fail, I thought that they just all-of-a sudden...disappeared. Apparently what happened to them was the singer, Bethany, formed Best Coast... I totally missed that. Not only that, but she started making 60's beachy pop music with the same lo-fi hiss sound that made Pocahaunted such a .. well.. haunting band. I actually like this stuff a lot better in the sense that it's immediately appealing. As she said on her myspace, "I hope everyone likes it and can make out to it on a beach blanket this summer." Well... I totally missed that too... but I can make out to it on my couch huddled under a blanket for warmth (won't happen). If you're familiar with other music blogs you probably think I'm poaching from, say, Stratosphering. You're right. But I didn't know this stuff existed until now because she only released 7" vinyls and I've never seen a MP3 version until now. So I'm unoriginal.. whatevs. Also they have like 8 people writing for them. It's just little ol me over here. So there.




Art Fag 7"





Make You Mine 7"

1 comment:

authorUnknown said...

Hey just wanted to say I've also realised its so hard to write something without something similar already beeen done by some else which is pretty frustrating.
i liked this post, found it while just looking up Best Coast. It would be awesome if you could have a look at mine too . just trying to get it out there... http://sensationallyinconspicuous.blogspot.com/

peace