Thursday, November 5, 2009

Salem: Water EP

Just in case anyone missed the extra link in the comments section of the last Salem post... here it is again! I've been listening to the track "Skullcrush" quite a bit lately. I wish Salem would just put out an LP already. These EPs are decent and all... but it just doesn't hold up to multiple listens. Instead, you end up doing what I do... listen to one or two tracks and move on to other music. I could bitch and moan about all these half-assed albums and EPs, with their limit edition vinyl or cassette only releases, but I won't (much). Now it's one thing if an ESTABLISHED band wants to do an exclusive 200 copies only 7" or something... but when these nobody bands come out of nowhere and only press 200 copies of their album... only to get it downloaded off the internet like 30,000 times... it really makes no sense to me. (Seriously... the last Salem post was downloaded over 2500 times. More than almost anything else I've posted... and I'm not the only one who has it on their blog either). Okay... I'm working on a "Pitchfork Best New Music" MEGAPOST... but I'm too lazy to put all that work in, so instead I'm getting all this other shiz outta the way first. Expect it soon though. PEACE!




Water EP

No comments: