Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Washed Out: High Times

I wrote a big rant about all this "blog-friendly" music hitting the scene, and how most of it is forgettable or relatively mundane... and that we will all barely remember it in about a year. But then Blogger decided to crash in the middle of it and it deleted the whole post. So then I had no motivation to rewrite anything. Also the devastating loss of my precious complaining (which was really long and whiny) made me not want to write for a while.... but I have SO much music... I need to share it even if I don't say anything of value. Anyway.... I said something like "Washed Out was actually a nice little surprise in the midst of all these mediocre acts floating around these days." Blah blah blah. It sounds like jazzy dreamy grooves put through filters played on an old record player at the beach. Oh and he actually sings a little bit, unlike most of these artists. Reminds me a little bit of Bibio only way more lo-fi. And now that I'm jobless once again, expect that I will be posting on more of a weekly/daily basis from now on...at least I hope.




High Times

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I'm hooked.

Christopher James said...

this is great

pj said...

Pretty freakin tight right?