Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sin Fang Bous: Clangour

Here is one that totally slipped under my radar a few months ago. But wow... I'm glad I found it. This may be my newest favorite album. ( I know I have a lot of those) SOOOOOO tight though. The dude is from Iceland (why do they get all the good eclectic musicians?) and is a part of another band called Seabear. Some tracks are so crazy... glitched out 8 bit sounds, galloping drum machine parts and melodic vocals... kind of reminds me a bit of Apostle of Hustle, or Andrew Bird with a little bit more flair for blissed out production. It feels a bit repetitive on first listen... but I thought the same thing about a lot of my favorite albums before they became my favorite albums. It's hard NOT to like it though... try it. Try not to like it. You will fail.

2 comments:

Shawn said...

When I first started listening to this album I got way into it as well, super fun. My co-author was supposed to post it but he's so lazy.

pj said...

Yeah man.. it's out of this world catchy.