Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Arcade Fire: Neon Bible

I was reluctant to put this one up because I thought that everyone would already have it. Then I checked the numbers for Neutral Milk Hotel (which I also thought everyone had)... and that is the highest ranking download on this whole site. So... it goes to show what I know. It's kind of funny how these music blogs work. Sometimes I will praise an album to high heaven... calling it a must have... best album in the genre... and 10 people will download it. Then I will post something saying "here ya go!" and it will get 200 downloads. It seems that people just look for what they want and ignore everything else. Which is totally not what I think these blogs are for... I try to keep things varied.. but I try to post things that I think like minded people will enjoy. That's why I don't like blogs that just post the downloads. I try to give a breif description so people will know if they might like it. I don't know how many times I've been on a blog, downloaded like 20 albums, then deleted 19 of them cause they sucked. Sometimes it makes me not want to write anything and go... blah here is the album. But then I think even if only one person reads this shit and ends up downloading something and loving it... then it was worth the time and effort. I really don't mean to sound like some bleeding heart blogger or something... and I don't know why I wrote this ridiculously long tangent. But yeah... Arcade Fire... here ya go!




Neon Bible

1 comment:

Shawn said...

I definitely feel the same way about blogs that write stuff and blogs that don't. And then there's some blogs that just post quotes from reviews, which is okay, but it's like come on, don't you have a personal voice about this stuff? I mean it's "your" blog...but whatever
thanks