Thursday, December 18, 2008

Blonde Redhead: MOCDL

In case you didn't notice, I'm trying to disguise the title here because I know Blonde Redhead's record label trys to kill links. Tricky huh? Here is a favorite from my teenage years. This one defintely had a huge influence on my progression in musical taste. I was getting into this stuff when I first discovered Sonic Youth... and while I think these guys sound very simliar to Sonic Youth, for some reason I was always prefered these guys. There was something immediately appealing and likeable about Blonde Redhead, whereas Sonic Youth took a lot of time and repeat listens to really enjoy. Unfortunately, like Sonic Youth, these guys make a lot of plain and boring records nowadays. Apparently almost being killed by a horse then taking four years off will do that to some people. (Although I think Mark Linkous would've enjoyed the ironic imagry) Either way..this one is from their prime...pre-horse trampling and subsequent down time... possibly their last good album.


No comments: