Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Brainiac x 2

Alrighty. Because It's morning time and I'm ridiculously tired... also I'm kind of hallucinating... I figured HEY, why not some Brainiac!? It seems to fit well with my delirious state right now. Internationale is the single when they were first signed to Touch and Go records. It's produced by Kim Deal of The Pixies ...and although it's short in length it makes up for it with a few pretty sweet songs.. most of which are a little more reminiscant of their earlier post punk days. Then we have the Electro-Shock for President EP, which ended up being the last release from Brainiac before Tim Taylor died tragically in an auto accident. Aside from being one of the main influences of Trent Reznor (you can seriously hear the similarities) Electro-Shock is one trippy as fuck ride through what one could call more of an experiment with electronic noise than a musical record. The songs don't necessarily have the attributes that a lot of traditional songs have... but it's an EP with a purpose. What that purpose is, I don't really know. Probably to really fuck up your equilibrium and make you question what you consider electronic music to be. Like their previous work.. it's difficult to place in a genre... I guess you could call it industrial electronic noise rock, with tiny bits of punk sprinkled in. When I listen to.. it takes me through a range of emotions... none of them good, but all of them powerful. And right now... would probably give me visions of unicorns murdering rainbows and the resulting blood-letting dripping on to a stereo, causing crackling bits of perverse beauty to weep from the speakers.... Yeah.. it's time to go to bed.




Internationale





Electro-Shock For President

No comments: