Monday, October 27, 2008

David Bowie: Hunky Dory

With a catalogue spanning over 3 decades, it's almost impossible to pick a favorite or definitive album for an artist like Bowie. The only thing I can really do here is just post the album that has some of my favorite songs on it. I personally think "5 years" may be his best song ever (from the album "Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust")... but that's a pretty large assertion that I'm not willing to make. However, this album definitely has the most consistently amazing songs throughout. "Changes", "Oh! You Pretty Things", "Life on Mars", and "Quicksand" all pretty much blow my mind. Like the Velvet Underground, Talking Heads and Brian Eno; Bowie was making awesome experimental art pop that was WELL before its time. Enjoy!




Hunky Dory

No comments: