Monday, October 27, 2008

Spoon: Kill the Moonlight

While I enjoy all of Spoon's releases, I find myself coming back to Kill the Moonlight more than any other. It just has a spunk and sass that makes it the most accessible album in their repertoire. I think this is a band that could definitely use a little more edge in their sound nowadays. Their b-sides off of Gimme Fiction surprized the hell outta me. They were all rough and distorted and sounded nothing like the A-sides. I was all "WOOWWWIE!" I couldn't belive that they could sound like that... it was brilliant. While their polished sound works great for their minimalist rock style, a little edge could give these guys the push they need to make the best album of their careers. I guess that's why I favor this album so much. It has that little bit of edge that I crave from these guys. This album is a must have for any music lovers collection.




Kill the Moonlight

No comments: