Sunday, August 31, 2008

Animal Collective: Feels

After posting their new EP the other day, i was struggling to think which AC album was my favorite. Really, AC are one of those bands that don't have a "defining album". Honestly though... i keep on coming back to Feels. I can't explain why. But for some reason I can play this album all the way through enjoying every second. When i first heard this when it came out, I didn't think it was as crazy as their other releases (which i thought was a bad thing). But now i think that's why it has stood the test of time more than their other releases.. at least for me.  You can make an argument for any of their albums being their best.... but I wanted to pick just one LP for this post and right now I'm in love with this one, okay? Now you get in on the love and we can have a three-way. Bom chicka wah wah. *WINK* Seriously though, something spiritual happens when I listen to Animal Collective with headphones in the dark. You should try it to. I'll meet you on the astral plane of musical zen and we can high five. Sweet.

No comments: