Friday, August 1, 2008

Built to Spill: Live

Dude. I was talking about Built to Spill the other day with this kid at my local crack house aka coffee shop... and I realized how long it's been since I've listened to these guys. I went through a period of a few months where I literally only listened to BTS on repeat. I was gonna post everything they've ever done, but then why else would you come back to me? I can't give it away like some cheap whore. Well, at least not with music. Instead, this post is their LIVE album. As far as live albums go, this is a pretty awesome one. Not all the songs are my favorite, like the 20 minute cover of Cortez the Killer, or the equally long Broken Chairs (my least favorite song by BTS)... so what makes it so great, you ask? Well, Virginia Reel Around the Fountain, by Doug Martschs' previous band The Halo Benders, and equally cool cover of Singing Sores Make Perfect Swords, by Love as Laughter, are both rare and incredibly awesome... worth the time of downloading alone. Plus Stop the Show live is always a treat. The best thing about this is that for this set of live recordings, they had their (then) amazing producer Phil Ek come along and make sure the levels were correct. Clearly a good decision. P.S. File is large and in charge, so there's two parts people.




BTS Live: Part one Part two

No comments: