Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Built to Spill: You In Reverse

Download numbers show you guys like The Microphones, Weezer, and Built to Spill. Awesome. Also saw that somebody linked my blog in some music message board about Sparklehorse. Also awesome. Do that more and I will reward you with pleasure of the musical variety. It's kind of like sexual pleasure only without some chick going "Blah blah blah" afterwards. Oh and there's no "release"....most of the time. Hey, I don't know what kind of freaky shit you're in to so I don't wanna rule anything out. After all, I write this blog in the nude. Don't judge me and I won't judge you. Annnnnnnyyyyyways.... back to BTS. This is their most recent effort. It's good... but not the best thing they've done and I think they know it. Doug Martsch, after the release of this album, said something along the lines of "BTS has the potential to make an amazing album, better than anything I've ever done before. But it won't be this next album." or something along those lines. I kind of laughed at the idea of not making the best album you can EVERY time you make an album... but what they hell at least he is being honest. Guess we'll just have to wait two more albums for their masterpiece... that is if he doesn't change the band around again. This album they did on their own without producer Phil Ek... which was a bold choice giving them a rougher sound. Honestly this album would've been amazing if they just trimmed the fat a little bit. The songs that carried on with guitar jams for 3 minutes weren't really my bag... but to each his own... it's still pretty darn good regardless. 

No comments: