Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Sigur Ros

Sigur Ros (Victory Rose for us english folk) have been one of my favorite bands for years. I'm actually not even that much of a fan of the whole Post Rock scene. But Sigur Ros just does it so damn well. These guys can seriously make an 8 minute song an emotional experience. I'm pretty sure they will never top their ( ) album. Which is a shame because they do have the potential. This album, titled Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust (translation: "With a buzz in our ears we play endlessly") does do one really good thing. That is, start to show us what Sigur Ros would be like if they took their sound in a different direction. The suprise opener is by far my favorite just because it reminds me more of animal collective than post rock. Unfortunately they do fall back into their redundant style of insanely long build-ups and orchestral explosions. I mean, it's good. They've just done it before. Many times. And better. So when they do sound different it makes me hopeful that they will change their direction. I know most people hate pitchfork but they ended their article on this album perfectly: "How do you say "less is more" in Hopelandic? I worry we'll never know. " HAHA... oh... i wish i could be that witty... maybe for the right price. Until then, "it's good" will have to suffice. HEY! That rhymes! CHA CHING!





2 comments:

Coco Agnes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Coco Agnes said...

You mean Sigur Gross...
just kidding Sigur ROCKS!