Thursday, August 28, 2008

Deerhunter x 2

WOW... there certainly has been a lot of drama around Bradford Cox these days. The guy basically left his mediafire account open to the public on one of his websites and let loose all these unreleased albums and songs. Yikes... Oh and then he flipped out, threatened to not finish one of the projects that was leaked, and put out his email address for people to send him money for his hard work gone to waste. Yikes again. I feel for the guy, I do... especially cause mediafire didn't warn anyone they were upgrading, which basically unlocked all of his files. He then recanted a few days later, refunded peoples money and said he would finish his project "Logos" I think it was called. This is what's disturbing to me... musicians shouldn't be "blogging" about shit. Just about every musician that does makes me change my view of them entirely. Like, I remember reading on the Stars blog about their new album and how it got a 7.4 on pitchfork (which really isn't a bad review to be honest) and the lead singer Torquil was going OFF about how critics should die, how sad it is that people judge people who create.. blah blah... he basically sounded like a little baby. This is the danger of doing this type of thing. You say ridiculous shit, and then people (despite your brilliant art) can't look past what a D-Bag you've been and give up on you as a human. Music is a catagory where I actually don't want to know TOO much about the artist. I want the art to speak for itself. The guitarist from Deerhunter quit because of similar feelings. He said that the band "was receiving (and creating) too much press that had nothing to do with any new music being created". This was in reference to the band's blog. He goes on to say "I don't want to be overexposed. I don't want the world to know what our excrement looks like or what we are selling on eBay or whether we got robbed". Word. The fear for me, as it should be for Deerhunter, is that all this drama is overshadowing what are amazingly good albums. So shut your face holes and open your ear holes. Microcastle is his new album, and Weird Era Cont. is one of the new ones causing all this crazy. 



Because these albums haven't been "released" yet there is no artwork. DERRRRRR. So instead here is a picture of Deerhunter chillin against bricks


No comments: