Monday, August 11, 2008

Iron & Wine

Mmmmm... those dulcet tones. It couldn't be anyone other than Samuel Beam. I do have to say that this man sure knows how to sing. His breathy vocals, and Southern folk style give him a genuine feel all his own. I was watching the season finale of House and "Passing Afternoon" came on at the end of the show (you know, someone is dying, sad things are happening - cue music) and it just added so much emotion... I almost got a little teary eyed. Then i remembered i was watching HOUSE, and also i wasn't gay. So back to reality I came. But it did remind of the sweet sounds of Iron & Wine... which i hadn't listen to in some time. I'm not the biggest fan of everything he's done, but there are at LEAST a few gems on any album he's recorded. Here are his 3 LP's and one of his best EPs "In the Reins" with Calexico. Enjoy.





Shepherd's Dog Part One Part Two








The Creek Drank the Cradle








Our Endless Numbered Days








In the Reins

1 comment:

TB65 said...

BJ--I did not know you like Iron and Wine...I think they are great. Do you know their cover of Dylan's "Dark Eyes"?--I have downloaded their stuff from itunes.
LF--the lady who signs your paychecks.